Instructions for Using the WKU Courier Service
All materials will be sent from WKU Library by courier to the SKYCTC Library Help Desk, Franklin, Transpark, or Glasgow Health campus for pick up. Glasgow Tech library users can request WKU Library materials directly from the WKU-Glasgow Regional Center Library. Items may be returned to the contact person at your campus, SKYCTC Help Desk, or directly to WKU Libraries.
1. Look for the items you would like to receive on your topic using TOPCAT 2000. See Instructions for using TOPCAT2000 in the box below.
2. Verify that the items you want are NOT already checked out by looking in the record (not just at the title). Click on entry to see the record. The Status line will tell you if a book is checked out (or not) and when it is due back. The Status line is just below the call number.
3. Fill out the request form. Enter the Book Title, Author, and Call Number on the request form. You can request up to five items at a time. You must have your name, phone number, address, and email address on the form. Submit the online form.
4. You will be contacted about the delivery date of your requested items. Requested materials will be available to pick-up at the SKYCTC Main campus Library Help Desk or from the following campus contacts: Donna Hayden at the front desk in Franklin, Tammy Armstrong in Building A at Glasgow Health campus, or Kim Barnes at the front desk at Transpark.
The date due of the books or other materials will be stamped inside.
5. You can return them to the same site or drop them off at the WKU library if you prefer.
*If you have trouble finding book titles on your topic, please call the Extended Campus Library Services Librarian at (270) 745-6117 or WKU Libraries Reference Desk at (270) 745-6125 for assistance.
If you have questions about a request that you submitted, please contact the SKYCTC Library Help Desk at (270) 901-1171.
1. To access TOPCAT 2000 (the WKU libraries book catalog), go to:
2. Type in the keywords for your search. Put a + before all the words that must appear in your results (example: +emergent +literacy). Results will be ranked by relevance (items with the most matching terms will be listed first.
3a. To look at individual records click on blue link for more information (including the call number and whether the item is checked out). Use back key to go back to results list.
3b. To look at a number of records, click boxes at left to mark items you want, then scroll to bottom of screen and click on save/show button. This will display your selected items.
4. Searching for specific Titles or Author’s works: Click on the word Heading (next to the word Keyword) on the gray bar. Click on the circle in front of Author (or Title) to limit search to these areas. Author searches should use last name first for best results (example: Christie, Agatha).
5. To start over at any time, click on the uppermost gray bar at the top of the page.